Each stone countertop material has a best different way to be cleaned. Learn the best way to clean your kitchen and bathroom countertops. Also, take a look at the following tips cleaning tips that will make your life easier.
1. Clear the clutter. Place all items possible in mail bins, key racks or baskets.
2. Use a plastic scraper or an old credit card to sweep crumbs. Use the card on the surface sweeping crumbs to your hand or the sink.
3. Clear food that got stuck to the surface by spraying it with cleaner and using said sweeper to scrape off the residue.
4. Wipe the surface with a germ killing cleaner that is safe.
5. Dry with a microfiber cloth.
Cleaning Granite Countertops
1. Wipe the countertop with warm, soapy water and rinse. Don´t use abrasive cleansers or scrub pads as they can scratch the surface.
2. Mix baking soda and water or talk with a diluted solution of ammonia, bleach or hydrogen peroxide to remove stains.
3. Scrub the stains with the paste and a soft brush.
4. Rinse thoroughly.
5. Seal with a sealer that is appropriate for stones to help prevent stains and make it easier to clean.
Stone Countertops: Limestone, Slate and Soapstone
1. Wipe the countertop with warm, soapy water, a mild bleach solution, or a non-abrasive cleaner. Be careful when using bleach solutions as they may damage the surface or change its color. Always test first before spraying all over the countertop.
2. Use a soft tooth brush to scrub gently.
3. To remove stains, use a kitchen cleaner or a mixture of white vinegar and water. If the surface feels sticky, rub with a paste of baking soda and water.
4. Rinse thoroughly.
Cleaning Marble Countertops
1. Clean your countertop regularly with a damp microfiber cloth to avoid streaks.
2. Dry with a clean cloth. Never let the surface air dry because marble is prone to water spots.
3. If you want a deeper clean us a ph neutral dishwashing liquid mixed with warm water.
4. Rinse thoroughly and dry completely.
5. Clean acidic liquids immediately such as wine, tomatoes and orange juice because they may spoil your marble.
6. For stains you are not able to remove, you may call us for recommendations.
7. Use a product especially created for marble´s porous surface to seal it. With the above steps you should have enough to be able to clean your natural stone countertops thoroughly.
Let us know if this post was helpful in the comment section below!
www.emeraldpearlgranitecountertops.com offers durable Engineered Granite Countertops for your Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling projects in Winston Salem (336) 744-0425
Emerald Pearl tries to do the best for its clients, but when it comes to these unsatisfied or unhappy situations, Emerald always gets in top of it and tries to resolve it with the greater outcome possible.
Our craftsmen always try to make the best of each work but sometimes client’s expectations are not aligned with ours. At that point, we have to align expectations, look, search and see where we can improve to meet our clients needs and then our expectations can go meet our client’s.
In order to do that, what we have to do first is to listen very carefully to what our customer says then process the information, take notes and next make it happen.
All this process should be under a pleasant attitude, a very friendly conversation, and never forget that if you (our customer) are not happy, we apologize and will always try to make it up to you.
The kitchen working triangle by Emerald Pear Kitchen and Bath located in Winston Salem NC
The kitchen working triangle one of the most researched and applied ergonomic principals around. It consists on the 3 main work areas in the kitchen; the first one would be the sink, then the stove and last but not least the refrigerator. These together are the kitchen work triangle. These points have to be placed in the perfect way so you don’t have to waste a lot of steps going from one side to the other. Also if you put them to close to each other you will have a kitchen with no working space. You have to be really careful about that.
The kitchen working triangle doesn’t have to be perfect, but its better if each side is not shorter than 4 feet or larger that 9 feet long, also its almost imperative that you make sure there is not going to be anything between these 3 points so you can fluently move with no obstructions.
If you follow this principal when making your kitchen you are going to save some time, have a better working space and really enjoy your kitchen space.
Below you’ll see our top sellers. If you want to look at more colors please go to our Partners page and click in one of our partners to check a great variety natural stones.
Do you want to know the difference between Granite, marble and Quartz?
First lets start by defining what and where does this stone comes from.
What is quartz?
Quartz is an extremely abundant stone/mineral, is found in places near volcanic activity (magma) or seafloor. Quartz is taken from the Earth but when it’s transformed to become a countertop it becomes an engineered stone. Combining 95 % of the natural stone with bind resin creates the perfect mix which makes Quartz more resistant than granite and marble.
Also a fun fact that only a couple know is that quartz is an essential constituent of Granite and other felsic igneous rocks.
So lets talk about granite…
What is granite? Granite is a natural stone, which consists of feldspar (60% of earths crust), Mica (sparkles in the rock), 20% of Quartz and amphibole minerals. Granite comes from crystalized magma same as quartz but the mix of the amphibole it’s what gives to granite the dark color generally. The word granite seen as where it comes from its the perfect description of what makes unique this rock. The word Granit comes from the Latin “Granum” in English “Grain” in reference to the coarse-grained structure of such a holocrystalized rock.
Another popular natural stone is marble, which is a metamorphic rock, composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals such us limestone and dolomite.
Since we already went over of some basics of each stone, we would like to make a comparison with the 3 of them.